Live Scan Services
Please read the following information prior to scheduling a Live Scan appointment. Live Scan appointments may be scheduled by clicking the Schedule an Appointment button below.
Live Scan digitally captures an individual's fingerprints and transmits them electronically to the State of California Department of Justice (DOJ) and/or the FBI. The fingerprints are cross-referenced to the criminal database to check on an applicant's background.
SDSU provides Live Scan fingerprinting services for:
- Prospective employees and auxiliary organization prospective employees
- Employees and auxiliary organization employees
- Volunteers and auxiliary organization volunteers
Live Scan services are provided to the SDSU community for institutional, academic, professional, and private purposes.
Live Scan Fees
Employment related Live Scan services for SDSU or an auxiliary organization will be provided at no cost to the service recipient when authorized by the Human Resources department of the respective organization.
In all other situations, Live Scan fees will vary by the Originating Agency Identification (ORI) number on the Live Scan request form and the level of clearance required. Such fees must be paid by the service recipient at the time of service. Credit card is the preferred and convenient option for payment, as the Center for Human Resources does not handle cash or checks. Individuals paying by cash or check will need to visit the SDSU cashiers office following their initial appointment and prior to fingerprint rolling. In such situations, multiple appointments may be necessary.
- Processing (Rolling) fee - $20
- DOJ - $17 - $74
What to Bring
- A valid Red ID
- A completed Request for Live Scan Service form (BCIA 8016)
- Valid Identification
- Primary forms of identification must contain a current address.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Please allow approximately 30 minutes to complete your Live Scan appointment.
If you have questions regarding Live Scan services, please contact the Center for Human Resources at (619) 594-7901.