Travel Request and Expenditure Claim
- SDSU uses the Form T2 to document the authorization for an employee to travel.
- The T2 requires a TAD approval before travel begins.
- TAD is the Travel Authority Delegation. This is the list of T2 approvers.
- In addition to TAD approver, International travel requires Tom McCarron or Agnes Wong
Nickerson approval on T2 before the trip.
- May also require Chancellor’s Office Approval if traveling to War Risk Country.
- Domestic lodging at rates above $275 per night, excluding tax requires justification
on the T2.
- Travel Advances (up to 80% of estimated total travel expenses).
- Direct Payments (conference registrations, airfare, car rentals)
- Enrollment in the Defensive Driving program is required if:
- You drive a university vehicle.
- You use your personal vehicle more than 12 times a year and/or request mileage reimbursement
anytime when driving on university business.
- How do I enroll?
- Submit the following forms to Parking and Transportation Department for approval:
- Waiver/DMV Check.
- Authorization For Release of Driver Record Information.
- Submit the following to department (if applicable):
- Authorization to Use Privately Owned Vehicles on State Business.
- Upon approval, Parking and Transportation Department emails link to take online course
(30 days to complete).
- Ongoing compliance:
- Online course must be completed every 4 years.
- Submit Defensive Driver Yearly Release to Public Safety annually.
- SDSU uses the TEC Form to document all expenses related to travel.
- The TEC requires a Fiscal Authorization Hierarchy (FAH) approver to sign the form.
- Persons having the authority to approve travel cannot approve their own claim.
- Travel claims cannot be approved by someone who reports directly or indirectly to
the traveler. A one up approval is required.
- Approved claims must be received in A/P within 60 calendar days of the last date of