Short Term Loans
REGISTRATION FEES MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR THIS LOAN. The purpose of the Short Term Loan Program is to assist students in meeting temporary short term financial needs. Short Term Loans are awarded on a first come, first served basis. Submitting an application is not a guarantee that the loan will be approved. Short Term Loans are available for current SDSU students and continuing students.
NOTE: All applicants must be enrolled at SDSU (Not Extended Studies). Ensure that you read the application packet for required documentation. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For more information call (619) 594-5253
- A photo ID card will be required to accept an application.
- Maximum loan is $1,000.00 (if you are using the installment plan, your first payment must be paid and you must be current with all your fees). Minimum loan is $100.00. (Please See Income Eligibility chart below)
- During the Fall and Spring semester students must be enrolled at least half-time (6 undergraduate or 5 graduate units) at SDSU. The program is also available in the summer and winter break for continuing students who were enrolled at least half-time in the previous semester and who plan on at least half-time enrollment in the next semester.
- There is a $15.00 service charge on all approved applications.
- A $20.00 late charge will be assessed on EACH PAYMENT PAST DUE.
- Only ONE short term loan per student per semester.
- Download an application packet or pickup an application packet in the Student Account Services Office (Student Services West 2536). Follow the directions in the packet and return the completed application in person to Student Account Services. Any incomplete information will cause delays in the approval process for your loan. (NOTE: You must bring your application in person, no faxed applications will be accepted).
- Information on the status of applications and/or checks will be available after 11:00 a.m., TWO WORKING DAYS after receipt of the application. A photo ID card will be required to pick up loan checks at the check disbursement counter (Student Services West 2536).
- The $15.00 service charge, which is assessed on all approved loans, is payable whether you pick up your check or not.
- A copy of the disapproved loan application indicating the reason for denial will be
given to you on request.
Major Reasons for Denial are:
- Incomplete Application
- Inadequate resources to repay loan
- Poor credit history
- Any outstanding debt owed to the University
- Depleted loan funds
Payments can be made on-line or by mail. Payment will be deducted automatically from the student's financial aid, if repayment source is from expected financial aid. For other repayment sources, payment must be made in accordance with the payment schedule received at the time promissory note was signed. A billing statement notification will also be e-mailed to you prior to each due date. The short term loan will be billed in three monthly installments following the disbursement of the loan. You will receive the loan due dates when you pick up your short term loan.
Income Eligibility Guidelines
To be eligible on the basis of income* (not using Financial aid), applicants' gross income (i.e. before taxes are withheld) must fall within the amounts in the chart below.
The following chart shows the maximum loan amount based on your monthly income.
|Monthly Income||Loan Amount|
|$1050.00 or higher||$1000.00|
*Please Note: If an applicant is participating in the Installment plan and applying for a short term loan, then the applicant will have a higher debt to the university. Therefore, it would require a higher income.
Information on this Web site is subject to change without notice. Every effort is made to ensure that information is current and accurate. The statements found on this Web site are for informational purposes only.