- Zimride by Enterprise carpooling platform will indefinitely suspend all of its College and University Networks on December 31, 2020.
- The campus will be switching to a new carpool matching partner in 2021. Once a new vendor is determined, more information will be posted.
- (12/5/2020) Effective immediately, the use of carpools or sharing of employee vehicles for transportation to and from work is prohibited due to health concerns related to COVID-19.
Campus Perks & Incentives
Did you know carpooling is the second largest commuting mode in the U.S.? Carpool members/riders not only share the cost of gas and vehicle expenses, but they can also avoid traffic by utilizing one of the many HOV lanes on local freeways leading to campus! SDSU continues to encourage carpooling to promote sustainable travel habits and to facilitate reaching our overall climate goals both in the region and on campus.
Did you know?
- If you're officially registered with a carpool service, there's only a need for one (1) parking permit for all those in the carpool.
- Save not only time & gas, but save even more money and share the rights to the parking permit
(Note: You must be officially registered and able to provide the names of those matched through these programs to qualify for this benefit).
SDSU supports Waze Carpool, ride sharing service as a great way to commute to campus by cutting costs & riding with SDSU affliated students, staff and faculty! WC carpoool app matches you with drivers/riders depending on your request options. There is a minimal mileage fee for riders, set by the driver, so you know what the cost will be prior to accepting the ride. Users can serve as both a driver or a rider and must download the app to access registration details.
Disclaimer: The Waze Carpool promotion is operated by Waze Mobile Ltd. SDSU assumes no responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with participation in the Waze Carpool promotion or usage of the Waze app and Waze Carpool app.