Campus Perks & Incentives
Did you know carpooling is the second largest commuting mode in the U.S.? Carpool members/riders not only share the cost of gas and vehicle expenses, but they can also avoid traffic by utilizing one of the many HOV lanes on local freeways leading to campus! SDSU continues to encourage carpooling to promote sustainable travel habits and to facilitate reaching our overall climate goals both in the region and on campus.
Did you know?
- If you're officially registered with a carpool service, there's only a need for one (1) parking permit for all those in the carpool.
- Save not only time & gas, but save even more money and share the rights to the parking permit
(Note: You must be officially registered and able to provide the names of those matched through these programs to qualify for this benefit).
SDSU supports Waze Carpool, ride sharing service as a great way to commute to campus by cutting costs & riding with SDSU affliated students, staff and faculty!
Waze Carpool is on a mission to help reduce traffic and improve commutes. Starting today, SDSU Carpool drivers can get reimbursed for every day they drive to campus.
The service matches drivers and riders with similar commutes to create a more enjoyable, inexpensive, faster way to get to campus. You choose who’s in your car, and what days you carpool. Want to carpool just once a week? Or drive on Mondays, but ride on Tuesdays? It’s up to you!
Save on gas, save on stress, save the planet and connect with your fellow Aztec carpoolers. What more could you possibly want out of a commute?
Just a few simple steps and you’ll be on your way:
- Step 1: Visit bit.ly/AztecCarpoolers on your phone browser.
- Step 2: Choose either the Rider or Driver app (you can always do both!) and download if you don’t already have it. If you already have the app, choose that option. It will take you directly to the app and you will see a popup asking if you would like to join the SDSU Aztec Carpoolers group.
- Step 3: Complete the signup steps as prompted (this will only take about a minute). Make sure to add your SDSU email address to your profile— that’s how you’ll match with other Aztec Carpoolers!
- Step 4: Check out the best matches on your route and start offering and requesting rides!
**Tip: Go ahead and send multiple offers. If you don’t see an ideal match, no sweat. Check back in a day or two once more of your team has signed up!
- No minimum ride charges, and pay no more than $0.54 per mile, capped at $15!
- FREE RIDES to/from campus August 20 to October 1st! (Drivers still receive the same pay during this promotional time!)
- Riders pay an average $5.60 per drive for trips to/from campus.
- Driver gas is covered by Waze!
Want to learn more?
- The Waze support center is your trusty navigator for any Waze Carpool-related questions, so fire away.
- Check out our videos walkthroughs to learn more about using the app, getting set up and finding the perfect carpool match.