Red & Black Shuttle
- Red & Black Cart service will be cancelled temporarily beginning Thursday, 9/3/20.
- Due to the on-campus class pause; the GREEN LINE will operate as the FLEX line assisting other cart routes with as-needed capacity and act as a floater cart with on-demand pick-up & drop-off along campus.
Changes Due To COVID-19
- PATS has made some changes to this program in light of our current COVID-19 climate. To meet CDC guidelines, routes and vehicles have been modified.
- SDSU will utilize golf carts in place of vans. Hand sanitizer will be available for all passengers, and face coverings will be required (they are provided should you forget). Carts will operate at 50 percent capacity.
Red & Black Cart Service
The Red & Black Shuttle program is a method of transportation to support your academic success. The Red & Black Service will provide pick-up and/or drop-off services for on-campus locations only. This service is open to all faculty, staff and students.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The shuttle will not operate on campus holidays or weekends.
University Police Department community service officers will drive five shuttle carts on the green, red, blue, and purple routes. (A ADA cart will be available to accommodate ADA requests). All four routes connect in-front of the Sundial by Hepner Hall so riders can easily transfer to a new route. See detail route guide here.
Green Route (Campus Core): The Green route offers nine on-campus shuttle stops in the core of campus. You can be picked up and dropped off at any of the route shuttle stop locations. During classes times two carts will be operating on this route.
Red, Blue and Purple Routes (Housing Areas): The Red, Blue, Purple routes feature 10 cart stop locations to housing areas. The Red route operates west of campus, the Blue route runs south of campus, Purple line runs east of campus. You may be dropped-off or picked up at any of the cart stops depending on capacity.
Get a Ride
Riders are encouraged to refer to the DoubleMap Bus Tracker application for real-time shuttle cart locations along each route. University community members will be required to show their affiliation confirmation via the DoubleMap App or your Red ID before boarding.
To use the DM App to show your SDSU affiliation:
- Go to the menu in the upper left
- Select SDSU Authentication
- Select Log In & enter your @sdsu.edu email and Red ID
- Show the driver your phone, as a SDSU affiliate
DoubleMap can be downloaded from the Apple or Google stores. Follow us on twitter to get updates.