Red & Black Shuttle
- Red & Black Shuttle will resume service for the fall semester at the end of August 2021.
- The system will operate pick-up & drop-off at stops on-campus with a Black, Green and Blue Line.
- Riders will be required to wear masks while on-board.
COVID-19 Travel Requirements
- The CDC recently announced that fully vaccinated travelers with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the U.S., but the CDC guidelines still require individuals to wear a face mask, socially distance, and wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- TSA encourages all commuters, and airline and bus travelers to stay up to date with any changes to these requirements by checking the TSA and CDC websites prior to taking their trip.
Red & Black Shuttle Service
The Red & Black Shuttle program is a method of transportation to support your academic success. The Service is intended to provide pick-up and/or drop-off rides for on-campus locations only. This service is open to all faculty, staff and students.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.. The shuttle does not operate on holidays or weekends.
University Police Department community service officers will drive shuttle vans on the Green, Black and Blue routes. An ADA cart will be available to accommodate any requests. All routes connect at the south-end of the Campinale Mall, so riders can easily transfer to a new route, grab a ride-share vehicle at the turnaround, pick-up a scooter or take a MTS train.
Green Line (Campus Core): The Green route offers seven stops in the core of campus: SLHS, Calpulli, Sun Dial, Arts & Letters, Art North, GMCS, Student Services East Building. Pick-up at route stops only, riders may be dropped off along the route if location safety allows.
Blue Line (West Housing Area): The Blue route stops at four locations on the westside of campus serving the housing areas: SLHS, University Towers, P11, and Huaxyacac Hall/Tony Gwynn Stadium.
Black Line (East Housing Area): The Black route stops at four locations operating along the eastside of campus- serving SLHS, Villa Alvarado, P2 and Zura.
Get a Ride!
Riders must download the DoubleMap Bus Tracker application to see real-time shuttle vehicle locations and track the vans along each route.
*University community members will be required to show their RedID SDSU affiliation confirmation via the DoubleMap App or present your actual RedID card for validation before boarding.*
Double Map app directions for SDSU affliation validation
- Go to the 'Menu' in the upper left corner of the app
- Select 'SDSU Authentication'
- Select 'Log In' - enter your '@sdsu.edu' email and Red ID
- Show the driver your phone with the confirmation SDSU affiliate on screen