Red & Black Shuttle
- Red & Black Cart service will continue to run (pending any changes in state and local health guidelines) in the spring semester of 2021, beginning 3/1.
- The system will continue to operate with a FLEX (Green) line in the center of campus. Carts on FLEX will run on-demand for pick-up & drop-off.
- The Red Line is now the Yellow Line. Serving the west side of campus, there has been a new stop added at the Rec Fields Turnaround.
Changes Due To COVID-19
- PATS has made some changes to this program in light of our current COVID-19 climate. To meet CDC guidelines, routes and vehicles have been modified.
- SDSU is utilizing golf carts in place of University vans. Hand sanitizer is available for all passengers, and face coverings are required at all times (coverings are provided should you forget). Carts are also operating at 50 percent rider capacity.
Red & Black Cart Service
The Red & Black Shuttle program is a method of transportation to support your academic success. The Service is intended to provide pick-up and/or drop-off rides for on-campus locations only. This service is open to all faculty, staff and students.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday from 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The shuttle does not operate on holidays or weekends.
University Police Department community service officers will drive five shuttle carts on the green, red, blue, and purple routes. (An ADA cart will be available to accommodate any requests). All routes connect in-front of the Sundial by Hepner Hall, so riders can easily transfer to a new route.
Green/ FLEX Route (Campus Core): The Green/FLEX route offers nine stops in the core of campus. You can be picked up and dropped off at any location on-demand as you see carts circulating the route.
Yellow, Blue and Purple Routes (Housing Areas): The Red, Blue, Purple routes feature 11 cart stop locations to housing areas. The Yellow route operates west of campus, the Blue route runs south of campus, and the Purple line runs east of campus. You may be dropped-off or picked-up at any of the cart stops depending on capacity.
Get a Ride!
Riders are encouraged to refer to the DoubleMap Bus Tracker application for real-time shuttle cart locations along each route. University community members will be required to show their affiliation confirmation via the DoubleMap App or your Red ID before boarding.
How to use the app to show your SDSU affliation:
Go to the menu in the upper left
Select SDSU Authentication
Select Log In & enter your @sdsu.edu email and Red ID
Show the driver your phone, as a SDSU affiliate