Metropolitan Transit System (MTS)
Coming this Fall!
SDSU is currently working with MTS to provide trolley passes virtually through the Compass Cloud application. Passes will not be available in card form. More information on how to sign-up and access your passes via your phone will be forthcoming in mid-August.
MTS Service Changes Due to COVID-19
- Check out any service changes here before you travel
- Get One-Way Fares on Compass Cloud
- Effective May 1, 2020, face coverings are required to ride transit.
- MTS now requires rear door boarding.
- MTS implemented service reductions April 12, 2020. See route-specific service details.
Discounted semester and monthly transit passes are available to all SDSU students. Faculty passes will also now be offered through payroll deduction.
Don’t need a semester or monthly pass? Try a Day Pass for only $6, and get unlimited rides on buses and trolleys all day long.
- Faculty & Staff monthly passes are $72
- Student semester passes are $152
- Student monthly passes are $57.60
Buses & Trolleys
Commuting to campus by bus or trolley is a safe and convenient alternative to driving. The Metropolitan Transit System’s Green Line Trolley has a station right in the heart of campus at the SDSU Transit Center. All bus routes serving the university and the Green Line Trolley stop at the SDSU Transit Center, which is conveniently located next to the Aztec Student Union. The Green Line Trolley runs every 15 minutes most of the day and provides access between the SDSU campus and Mission Valley, Fashion Valley, Old Town and downtown San Diego. MTS also has many bus routes that connects students throughout the region. One of the most popular bus routes is Rapid 215 – a high frequency, limited stop service between SDSU and downtown San Diego, serving communities such as North Park, Normal Heights, City Heights University Heights and Balboa Park.
Beyond San Diego County
- Amtrak: Pacific Surfliner Student Discount
- San Diego International Airport (Lindbergh Field):
- Southern California Passenger Rail Map and Timetables
For more information please email: [email protected].