Lyft & Uber
- The geo-fence around campus has been turned off from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. to allow riders to be picked up from any campus location.
- Beginning August 23,2021, this will be turned back on in the evenings, requiring riders to be picked-up from stop locations throughout campus until 6pm.
Utilizing Lyft & Uber
SDSU has partnered with Lyft and Uber and have established set pick-up/drop-off points at key locations on campus for your safety.
These locations reduce roadway congestion, improve vehicle traffic, and increase pedestrian safety on campus. Each area is ADA accessible and clearly marked with campus signage. The stops have been placed in close proximity to campus housing, academic buildings, and athletic and entertainment venues to maximize convenience. These areas should also be used for regular passenger pick-up and drop-off.
When requesting a Lyft or Uber ride to/from campus, riders will proceed to one of the following locations (map) to meet their driver:
- Aztec Circle Dr. at Rec. Field 103
- 55th St. at P11
- Remington Rd. at Huaxyacac West
- 5700 Hardy Ave.
- University Towers
- Lindo Paseo at KPBS
- 5245 Campanile Dr.
- Hardy Ave at Campus Green
- East Campus Drive at Tenochca
- College Ave. Information Booth
- P17A at Villa Alvarado
Safety TIPs When Using Lyft & Uber
- Always request your ride beforehand and wait safely inside or in a well-lit & safe area.
- Before getting into the car ALWAYS - "Match & Ask"
- MATCH the photo of your driver, the car's make, model, color & license plate
- ASK "Who are you here for?" & "What is your name?"
- Do not get into the car if any of these are wrong.
- Stay safe while in route.
- Sit in the back seat so you can exit through either door.
- Share your route info with friends/family by clicking “Share status” (in Uber app) or “Send ETA” (in Lyft app) so friends can track your trip and know when you arrive.
- Monitor your route on the app’s map or on your own map
Trust your gut and call 911 if you feel you are unsafe.