Late Night Ride Program
PATS & Lyft Partnership
We are excited to announce Parking & Transportation Services has partnered with Lyft for a late night ride pilot program. Thank you to the Aztec Parents Association for supporting this pilot to assist in our academic mission of student success.
Students can now request a ride from any campus building within the university’s geofence on weeknights between midnight and 4:00 a.m. In support of this pilot program, we will waive $5 from one ride per month. The program requires the following:
- Create a business profile in Lyft with your @sdsu.edu email
- Instructions to create a business profile
- May only use from Midnight - 4:00 a.m. from Sunday to Thursday
- You must be in within the geofence to request the ride (see geofence below)
- Geofence is only the academic buildings, not residential halls
- The ride is good up to $5 and if traveling further your personal account will be charged the balance
- Only those who acknowledge being 18 yrs. may utilize this service
- The coupon code will change monthly. If you opt in once the new code will automatically populate each month. The code for each month is "AZTECXXX". The three XXX is the first three letters of the month. So for September it would be AZTECSEP.
Follow us on twitter to get updates.
No, the geofence for this service only includes academic buildings.
They can still access Lyft servcies, but will need to pay the full cost.