Faculty/Staff Parking (F/S Permit) Valid 24 Hours
Faculty Staff (F/S) permits may be purchased online through the Aztec Parking Portal. Daily, weekly, monthly, semester, or payroll deduction permits are available to faculty & staff and are valid in any “S” (student) or "F/S" (faculty/staff) location. Payroll deduction permits are currently not available online and may be obtained by contacting Parking and Transportation Services at [email protected] and completing and submitting the required forms through Adobe Sign. Faculty/Staff who pay for and properly register their vehicle permit through the Aztec Parking Portal are not required to display a permit as the permit is associated with the vehicle license plate.
Please email [email protected] to initiate or deactivate a payroll deduction permit or renew free annual and semester permits.
Payroll Deduction Permit Policy
It is the responsibility of the employee to:
- Request the pre-tax payroll deduction for payment for parking or transit
- Commit to continue the payroll deduction process for a minimum of six (6) months, barring extenuating circumstances (i.e., medical or sabbatical leave, etc)
- Request cancellation of their payroll deduction indefinitely (temporary cancellations will be reviewed on a case by case scenario)
- 10-Month Faculty Payroll Deduction - Valid only ten months out of the year from August 16th to June 14th. These permits are not valid June 15th to August 15th.
- 12-Month Payroll Deduction - Valid all calendar year.
- Retired Staff - Staff who have 20 years of service may receive free annual permits, unless the individual is an annuitant.
- Emeritus / FERP - Faculty members who have officially retired with "Emeritus" status may obtain free parking permits each year. Individuals participating in "FERP" may request free permits for each semester you are not teaching on campus.
Faculty/Staff “FS” parking stalls are painted green and marked F/S where there are other permissions in the area. Faculty/Staff may not park in spaces marked for Service/Vendor (S/V), Special Permit (SP), Electric Vehicle (EV), or Disabled Person (DP) unless accommpanied by a special permit, DMV placard/plate, or are actively charging in an EV space.
Faculty/Staff may obtain a 1 hour Service/Vendor (S/V) permit to load/unload equipment at the Parking Information Kiosk located at the Chemical Sciences Laboratory building drive through at College Ave. and Canyon Crest.
Please note: Students are authorized to park in all F/S locations between 6:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Monday - Friday and on the weekends.
Ensure the vehicle is parked properly within the limit lines, with the license plate visible from the aisle so the vehicle's license plate may be scanned. "F/S" permits are invalid in PayByPhone only locations P6B, P8 and P10. Faculty/Staff may not share the same permit with another employee or students vehicle. Vehicles absent of a paid parking permit, not parked properly with plates properly displayed, plate entered incorrectly into Aztec Parking Portal, or in unauthorized areas are subject to violation. Parking violations vary from $35 to $450.
Purchase of an SDSU parking permit does not guarentee parking within a specific lot or structure on campus; a parking permit grants you the permission to park on campus. During peak times (Monday - Thursday, 8:00am to 11:00am) it is recommended to park east of College Avenue.
- Parking 1 (levels 1-2, 6)
- Parking 2
- Parking 2A
- Parking 3 (levels 3 and 6)
- Parking 4 (level 3)
- Parking 6 (all levels)
- Parking 7 (level 2)
- Parking 10A
- Parking 12 (levels 1-2)
- Parking 14
- Parking 15
F/S permits are valid in the following Student “S” Parking Areas:
- Parking 1 Levels 3-5
- Parking 2B
- Parking 2C
- Parking 3
- Parking 4
- Parking 7
- Parking 12 (levels 3-8)
- Parking 15
- Parking 16
Faculty/Staff permit holders are not restricted to enter any location during a special event closure. Be aware that significant delays on the west side of campus in Parking 6, 7, and 12 may occur on larger event days (concerts, men’s basketball) in which closure signs are posted. SDSU Parking and Transportation Services works directly with Associated Students to support special events occurring at Viejas Arena and Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre. During large event days, Monday-Thursday, Parking areas 6, 7, and 12 may be closed to ensure parking capacity to support special event traffic. Notice of closure signs are posted at P7 and P12 at least 3 days in advance on A Frames. These event dates may create delays in your travels to SDSU, please plan to leave earlier as ingress patterns are unpredictable and may affect your commute.
Should you have any questions please contact [email protected]