Electric Vehicles (EV)
Reducing Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions
According to the California Air Resources Board (CARB), passenger vehicles are the top emitter of GHG the state. California has a goal of 5 million zero emission vehicles (ZEVs) on the roads by 2030 and 250,000 EV charging stations installed by 2025. Infrastructure targets for chargers and hydrogen fueling stations to support this substantial growth can be found in the Path to 2030.
SDSU has signed the American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment and has identified goals in its Climate Action Plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
SDSU provides 30 Level 2, EV charging stalls throughout campus (visit the Chargepoint Network Map, type in 'SDSU').
- ChargePoint membership is required and can be obtained by visiting ChargePoint.
- The price to charge is $0.20 per kilowatt hour and a SDSU permit is required.
- Vehicles parked in EV parking spaces with a posted time restriction may not exceed the posted time limit and are subject to citation per CVC 21113A.
- Those spaces located in F/S areas, require a F/S permit.
- For questions regarding your account, please call the ChargePoint Customer Service line at 888.758.4389. SDSU related questions regarding parking procedures or rates, please contact [email protected].
Rebates & Incentives
There are many advantages to switching to an electric vehicle!
- Receive $1,000 rebate at point-of-purchase for employment at school district or first- responder
- Reduce your carbon emissions by over 5,000 lbs/year.*
- Receive up to $7,500 in federal tax credits to purchase your EV.
- Receive up to $14,000 in rebates. Check which you may qualify for by using this online calculator.
- Save up to $900/year in reduced fuel costs.
- Receive up to $850 credit on your San Diego Gas & Electric bill!
- Enjoy HOV lanes without a passenger with a Clean Air Vehicle decal.
- Easily charge at home by using a charging cord (included with vehicle purchase) Plug directly into a standard 110v outlet or purchase a at home chargers and sign up for a Time of Use Plan with SDGE.