Zipcar is the world's largest car sharing network! A carshare service gives faculty, students staff (who are 18 years+) access to use vehicles at SDSU for trips on and off-campus. Cars are available 24/7 in Parking Lots 5 and 8 (coming soon) (see Campus Map). Other off-street parking Zipcars can also be found at BLVD 63 and Sterling Alvarado Apartments.
How to use Zipcar?
- Step 1: Apply for a Zipcar membership
- Step 2: Reserve a Zipcar for an hour, an afternoon or the whole day. Do it online or on your phone via the Zipcar mobile app.
- Step 3: Walk to your chosen Zipcar car and hold your Zipcard against the windshield. The doors will unlock and the keys will be inside.
- Step 4: When your time is almost up, return your Zipcar to its original parking spot. Be sure to follow all instructions provided on the Zipcar website.
What is included?
- Miles (up to 180 miles/day)
- Your own Zipcard
- The mobile app (free download for iOS and Android)
Use Zipcar as an alternative to the costs and hassles of owning or renting a car through their network of shared on-demand vehicles! Zipcars are self-service with easy-to-use mobile app keys and booking systems. Join at Zipcar.com/SDSU. Once approved, you can book cars instantly with the Zipcar app.
Not a student?/Faculty, student leader, alumni or staff? If you’re affiliated with San Diego State University, you may still be eligible for a discount on your Zipcar membership.
What is Zipcar doing during COVID-19?
Enhanced cleaning protocols and products
Upgraded car-cleaning with antiviral and antimicrobial solutions. Zipcar has also promoted additional healthy hygiene and safety practices within the team that works behind the scenes to care for our vehicles.
Launching Dedicated Zipcar
Drive the same Zipcar Monday through Friday. During that time, only you have access. Pay one affordable monthly fee, plus mileage. Parking spot, gas, and insurance all included. We’re also proud to offer a Dedicated Zipcar discount to healthcare providers. Learn more about Dedicated Zipcar.
Practice good hygiene
We are asking our members to continue to be responsible members of our sharing community. Please follow guidance from health experts and use the best judgment regarding personal health. Members can help our car sharing community by bringing disinfecting wipes to wipe down the car for yourself and others.
Additional information regarding Zipcar's measures to safeguard its drivers during COVID-19 can be found here.