Property & Records


To obtain police records, please complete a Report Request Application Form or request a copy at the SDSU Police Department front desk. A $10 processing fee in the form cash, check or credit card must be submitted to a cashier at the Parking Services and Key Issue window prior to submitting the application. Bring your request and payment receipt to the front desk along with identification. The Report Request Application Form may also be submitted via mail, along with a $10 check or money order payable to SDSU Police. If you choose to mail your request, you must have it notarized so we can verify your identity. A response will be mailed to you within 10 days.

You may call the SDSU Police Records Unit at (619) 594-1986 to check the status on your report request and to verify it is releasable, however please allow 10 days for your request to be researched and mailed. You must be an “involved party” or a parent of a minor child in order to obtain a copy of a police report or traffic accident report. An “involved party” includes the victim, reporting party, party mentioned, driver, registered owner, etc. If the case involves an arrest, the report may not be releasable until the case has been adjudicated. You will be required to present identification to verify you are an “involved party.”

Your report may have been a redacted (blacked out) area or missing pages. Redactions are specifically required by law and policy that we are not able to circumvent. Typically, property crimes will only indicate the damaged property, lost or stolen articles and values for insurance company purposes to recover your loss. The investigative portion of the report is not released in order to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Property, Evidence & Lost and Found

Should you require release of your property, you must make an appointment by calling (619) 594-1577. Property will only be released Tuesday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Bicycles which have been impounded will require a $50 payment prior to release of property. 

If you are enquiring about lost property please call  (619) 594-1577.


Letter of Clearance