SDSU Safety & Security Report
Univeristy Police Department works hard to ensure that everyone in the campus community
is aware of safety issues that may affect them. The Campus Safety Act, also known
as the Jeanne Clery Act, requires universities to report annual crime statistics, provide timely warnings
of serious crimes when there may be a threat to others, and to keep a public log of
campus incidents. SDSU is in full compliance with this federal mandate, and our Safety
and Security Report is available to the entire campus community.
You may download and print a copy by downloading the links below. If you would like a paper copy of the current Safety and Security Report, contact the Crime Prevention Unit at (619) 594-1985 to arrange for one to be mailed to you.
Annual Fire Safety Report
The Office of Housing Administration and the Residential Education Office publish the annual Fire Safety Report for the SDSU residential community. The report includes:
- A description of each on-campus student housing facility;
- The number of fire drills conducted during the reporting year;
- Campus policies or rules on portable electronic appliances, smoking, and open flames in a student housing facility;
- Campus procedures for evacuating student housing in the event of a fire;
- The policies regarding fire safety education and training programs provided to the students and employees (including the procedures that students and employees should follow in the case of a fire);
- The titles of each person or organization to which students and employees should report that a fire occurred; and
- Plans for future improvements in fire safety, if any.
You may download and print a copy of the Fire Safety Report by downloading the link below. If you would like a paper copy of the current Fire Safety Report, you can pick one up the Office of Housing and Residential Education, located at 6050 Montezuma Road, or you may request a copy be mailed to you by calling them at (619) 594-5742.