How do I get my SDSUcard?
To receive your SDSUcard you will need your RedID # and an acceptable form of Identification.
Acceptable forms of identification when getting your SDSUcard:
U.S. State IDs, U.S. Driver's License, U.S Passport, U.S. Temp Driver's License with photo, U.S. Law Enforcement ID, Department of Justice ID, Department of Homeland Security ID, and Department of Treasury ID.
- Pay $18.00 for your first ID, $20.00 for a replacement online or in person at Student Account Services (SSW-2536)
- Upload a photo or take one in person:
- Visit our office to take your photo, and your card will be ready during your visit.
- Upload a photo of your choosing online using the GET program, accessible either by
mobile app or online at get.cbord.com/sdsu.
- Register for an account if you don't already have one.
- Allow 2-3 days for processing after your photo has been accepted.
- Incoming students can pick up their card during New Student Orientation.
SDSU faculty, staff, staff retiree, and faculty retirees
- Obtain a Red ID number when you become an employee (your department will assist you).
- Bring the Employment Access Authorization Form (from your department, if Faculty;
from Human Resources, if Staff) and an acceptable form of ID.
- Teaching Associates can have their SDSUcard modified to reflect their status by sending us their completed Statement of Terms and Conditions.
- Register for classes, then pay for your ID card fee at the Extended Studies Cashier's office. You will receive a sticker for the semester you are registered for.
- Make sure you have your receipt and an acceptable form of ID.
- Take your photo in our office.
- Register for classes.
- Visit our office to take your photo
- Make sure to bring the temporary ID card (3 x 5 white card) provided to you by the ALI office and any acceptable form of ID from the list above.
- Bring an acceptable form of ID and the signed ID card memorandum from your respective Human Resources.
- We'll take your photo in our office (Note that cards issued to temporary personnel will be stamped with the expiration date of the position.)
- Guest cards are for use by members of the general public.
- These cards are used primarily for library copying and printing.
- They are valid for one year and are non-refundable if lost.
- Any remaining funds balance is non-refundable.
- Value Port III (VPIII) machines allow you to purchase a guest card or add funds to
an existing card. VPIII machines are located in:
- 1st floor of Library Addition, next to Research Services (formerly the Reference Area)
- 2nd floor of Library Addition in the 24/7 Area (formerly the RBR)
- 2nd floor of Love Library in the Library Computing Hub (formerly the Student Computing Center)