Audit & Tax
Audit & Tax provides services in the areas of:
- Audit (Internal & External)
- Operational & Compliance
- Internal Controls
- Special Investigations
- California State University (CSU) Audits
- Other External Audits: Federal, State, Local government agencies
- Nonresident Alien Tax (NRA)
- Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT)
- Fringe Benefit Reporting
- Campus Reporting of Fiscal Improprieties (Executive Order 1104)
- Internal Revew & Special Projects
University Tax Identification Number
San Diego State University’s tax identification number is 33-0373293.
San Diego State University is exempt from federal income tax as an educational institution under section 115 of the Internal Revenue Code.
San Diego State University’s auxiliary organizations — Associated Students, Aztec Shops, The Campanile Foundation, and SDSU Research Foundation — are exempt from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). They are separate legal entities, and each has its own tax identification number.