Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is required to purchase a online permit? - Credit card, access to a printer and your vehicle information.
2. What type of permit can I purchase? - You can purchase a daily, weekly, monthly and semester permit online. Semester permits will be mailed to you, all other permits must be printed at the time of purchase.
3. Can I purchase more than one permit online? - No, you may only purchase one permit at a time until the previous permit expires.
4. I am trying to purchase a permit online and I am getting a message that I have exceeded available permits. - You may only have one active permit at a time. You must purchase your next permit after the current one expires.
5. What do I do if my permit is lost or stolen? - Please contact Parking & Transportation Services at 619-594-6671.
6. Can I use the parking portal to obtain a payroll deduction permit? - No, you must obtain your payroll deduction permit in person at Parking & Transportation Services.
7. I purchased a semester permit and I have not received it in the mail and my temporary permit is about to expire. - Please contact Parking & Transportation Services at 619-594-6671.
8. I purchased a weekly or monthly permit and choose the wrong dates, how can I fix it? - Please contact Parking & Transportation Services at 619-594-6671.
9. Can I come to the parking office to purchase a permit? - All permits are sold online through the parking portal.
10. I purchased my semester permit online and need it today, what do I do? - When you purchase a semester permit the portal will allow you to print a temporary 15 day permit to use until you receive your decal in the mail.
1. My car is new and does not have plates yet, what do I do? - You can enter the last 7 of the VIN and select "missing plate" as state. Once your plate is received you can edit your vehicle and enter your license plate information and state.
2. I want to reset my password and I get an error message. - Make sure the password meets the minimum requirements: must be 9-12 characters, contain at least one numeric value and one special character.
3. I am trying to set up my portal account and I get the message "the address you entered produced ambiguous results." - You have more than on parking portal account and in order for it to be corrected you must contact the parking office to have your accounts merged into one account.
4. I am trying to create an account, but the portal will not let me and says my email address is already in use. - All Student and F/S accounts are automatically set up for you. All you need to do is click on" retrieve password" to create a password for your account.
5. What web browser should I use when accessing the parking portal? - Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
1. I received a citation and I want to appeal it. - The instructions for appealing are listed on the back of the citation or by going to: https://aztecs.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal
2. I do not like the results of my appeal and I want to speak to someone. - California State law affords you 3 levels of appeal. If you do not like your determination you may contact Parking and Transportation Services and request administrative hearing information for a second level of appeal.
1. What is the revenue for parking permits used for? - The law requires that parking revenue go back into parking. For example, the revenue pays for maintenance, parking staff salaries, services, remaining bond debt and maintaining a required reserve.
2. What is the revenue for citations used for? The law requires that citation revenue go to pay for parking staff salaries, services and alternate modes of transportation. For example the Red & Black Shuttle, the Vanpool program and a subsidy for student semester trolley passes are all funded through citation payments.