Skip repeated menu and go directly to page content.
Accounting Services is overseen by the University Controller, a department in the area of Financial Operations under the division of Business and Financial Affairs.
If you are looking for the SDSU School of Accountancy, please see Charles W. Lamden School of Accountancy.
Frequently Accessed Site Links
- LEAP — Learning Enabled Administrative Processes (Your Oracle Apps User Resource)
- June 2012 Year-End Schedule [PDF] — Campus June 2012 Year-End Schedule for FY 2011/2012
Duties and Services of the Department to the University
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of the financial records for the university:
- General Fund
- University Operating Funds
- Enterprise Funds (e.g., Continuing Education, Housing, Parking)
- Special Projects Funds
- Internal Service Funds
- Higher Education Capital Bond Funds
- Trust Funds
- Perform monthly reconciliation to the State Controller’s balances
- Verify the accuracy of monthly payroll registers, claim schedule warrants, PFA entries and cash remittances
- Reconcile financial records including:
- Oracle Accounts Receivables charge backs
- Oracle General Ledger Revolving Fund
- University Bank Reconciliation
- Uncleared Collections
- Remittance of the monthly and quarterly Sales and Use Tax Return
- Coordination of month-end and year-end closing for all subsidiary applications into the General Ledger
- Quarterly Financial Information Record Management System (FIRMS) Reporting to the Chancellor’s and Annual State Controller SAM99 Reports
Accounting Services is responsible for maintaining the university’s budgetary, general and self-supporting ledgers. This requires establishing procedures for transaction processing and performing the analysis, reconciliation and interpretation of the resulting reports.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view; download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Division of Business and Financial Affairs
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-1615
Telephone: 619-594-4765 FAX: 619-594-0177
Mail Code: 1615
Office location: Administration Building, Rm. 115 (AD 115)
Office hours: Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Disclaimer: “The statements found on this web site are for informational purposes only. While every effort is made to ensure that this information is up-to-date and accurate, official information can be found in the university publications.”
[top of page]
Last updated February 24, 2012
Site Contact UCO Web Support